E-Mail Acceptable Usage Policy
|Name||KS EMail Acceptable Usage Policy|
|Owner||KSCloud/KS Corporate/KS IT|
|Issue Date||March 2019|
The Policy applies to E-Mail products. Such as Office 365 for example.
This email acceptable usage policy applies to all KS Staff and Users. (User e.g - KS Managed Service User). This policy is considered part of the main KS Network Acceptable usage policy.
- Use of email by KS Staff and system users is permitted and encouraged where such use is suitable.
- KS Staff should use email where is suitable for business purpose and supports the goals and objectives of KS and its business units.
- Emails must be used in a manner that is consistent with KS standards.
- KS Staff email accounts are to be used for KS business. Limited personal use is considered acceptable.
- KS Managed service users should use there email accounts for business use inline with there organization email policy.
- KS IT Staff will directly access KS Staff and managed customer email in the pursuit of an appropriately authorised legal or disciplinary investigation.
- Email usage may be subject to monitoring for security and/or network management reasons. KS Users and Staff may also be subject to limitations on their use of such resource.
- The use of KS Cloud computing resources is subject to UK law and any illegal use will be dealt with appropriately. For example the Police can have a right of access to recorded data in pursuit of a crime.
- KS Staff email messages are treated as corporate messages of the organisation. KS Managed customer emails are messages of there organisation.
Note for KS Managed Customers: You can request emails from a users mailbox from your organisation by emailing email@example.com with appropriate authorization from your business.
Unacceptable use or behaviour:
It is unacceptable to;
- Solicit emails that are unrelated to KS business activities (or your organisations business activities) or for personal gain.
- Send or receive any material that is obscene or defamatory or which is intended to annoy, harass or intimidate another person.
- Represent personal opinions as those of the organization or your companies business activities.
- Upload, download or otherwise transmit commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to parties outside.
KS can terminate your account if it detects the transmission of copyrighted material on its network.
- Reveal or publicise confidential or proprietary information which includes, but is not limited to financial information, databases and the information contained therein, computer network access codes, or any other confidential information.
KS can terminate your account if it detects the transmission of confidential or proprietary information relating to KS/Kieran Saul
- Waste time on non-KS business
- The KS email system shall not to be used for the creation or distribution of any disruptive or offensive messages, including offensive comments about race, gender, hair color, disabilities, age, sexual orientation, pornography, religious beliefs and practice, political beliefs, or national origin.