Acceptable Usage Agreement
ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY (AUP)
The following statements cover all products and services offered by KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul. This AUP is to protect our resources and the resources of our customers. This is in order to provide a high-speed network, high availability and to ensure KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul comply with all relevant UK laws.
It is the reasonability of all customers of the KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul network to ensure that they comply with the latest agreement of the AUP at any time.
This AUP may be revised, without notice, at any time, at the sole discretion of KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul. In the event of a breach of this policy,
KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul reserve the right to terminate all or any service with immediate effect, without recompense and delete any files held on our servers.
COMPLIANCE WITH UK LAW
1. Abusive scripts are scripts which interfere with our systems and/or the accounts of other customers, cause harm to any other computer system or user, or engage in any type of fraudulent activity.
2. All content uploaded to your server or service, must conform to UK Law. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure this. Storage, distribution of or transmission of illegal material may lead to investigation and possible prosecution by the relevant authorities.
3. You must not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computers for any purpose. Such action may lead to criminal prosecution under the computer misuse act. You must not send data to the internet using forged addresses or data which is designed to adversely affect the remote machines. (including but not limited to DDoS (Denial of Service), worms and viruses, trojans and ping storms).
4. You must ensure that local PCs and network connected servers are not configured to allow open relay and must not participate in the sending of unsolicited bulk email (commonly referred to as ‘spam’,’UBE’,’UCE).
5. You are prohibited from running ‘port scanning’ or other software intended to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or access remote systems and/or networks.
6. You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that your password and login credentials remain confidential.
7. Open proxy servers are not permitted under any circumstances and result in immediate termination of service.
8. Sites must not contain ‘hateful’ material or content which seeks to incite hate.
9. Sites must not contain images, videos, depictions or descriptions of pornography which is unlawful
in the UK or which is deemed to be distasteful at our sole discretion.
10. Sites must not contain ‘warez’, copyright music/videos or links to such content. It is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure that they have the rights to distribute any content displayed on their website.
11. Sites must comply and conform to UK copyright law.
12. It is also unlawful in the UK law to knowingly infringe on intellectual property rights.
13. The data protection act 1998 imposes many duties on any organisation that processes personal data relating to third parties. Failure to comply with many of these duties constitutes as a criminal offence. Customers who are not merely processing personal data for domestic (including recreational) reasons are reminded of their likely duty to register with the Information Commissioner.
14. Under the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002, KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul is in not liable to any criminal or pecuniary penalty for unlawful acts carried out using our service unless we have actual knowledge of those unlawful acts. Accordingly, if we become aware of credible evidence that a customer has carried out any unlawful acts, we will take preventative measures to bring those acts to an end.
GENERAL ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Customers may only use KS Hosting services for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation with UK laws is prohibited. To this effect, child pornography is strictly prohibited as week as housing copyrighted information (to which the customer does not hold copyright or appropriate licenses) on KS Hosting services. Also, using KS servers or network to conspire to commit or support the commission of illegal activities is forbidden as well.
Websites dedicated to the discussion of hacking activities or the distribution of hacking tool are prohibited. Also, the usage of KS computer systems or network to access any system, service or network without the owner’s consent is expressly forbidden.
Any activity which causes interruptions to either KS network and/or servers or any outside network. This includes, but not limited to, the execution of denial of service attached or other maliciously configured software is strictly forbidden.
Anonymous proxies are easily abused and often cause a negative impact on both the servers and network they are connected to. As such, they’re prohibited on KS Network and servers.
E-MAIL (INC SPAMMING)
Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other personal identifiers with consent of the person identified (including without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering and harvesting.).
Any customer caught spamming will result in immediate termination of service.
KS Customers what use managed email as they would any other email system. Sending hateful content, emails what incite hate, contain illegal content and contain unlawful pornography is strictly prohibited.
You agree that if the KS IP addresses assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database or blacklist like Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and KS Enterprises/Kieran Saul may take reasonable action to protect its IP addresses, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP addresses were listed as a result of you actions.
Forex, egold exchange etc are strictly prohibited. Any form of mining is also strictly prohibited.
Usage of the KS Enterprises network to impersonate another person or entity, be it though emails, internet forums or any other means is strictly prohibited. The includes spoofing email or network packet headers whether or not it done for malicious purposes.
Customer agrees to not engage in activities to black hat SEO, spamdexing and so-called “Scraper sites”. These can all have a severely detrimental effect on server performance and are not permitted.
Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against KS Enterprises network or website, or KS Enterprises employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in the behaviour that results in any server being the target of denial of service attack.
Except for KS Storage products, the customer agrees to make use of KS Web Servers primarily for the purpose of hosting a website. Data uploaded must be primarily for this purpose. KS Web Hosting services are not intended to be used for data backup or archiving purposes. For example, you are not allowed to import or store personal mail archives. Forwarding all emails from another fully-hosted email address for archival purposes is not longer allowed. Further, mail accounts cannot be used for file storage, such as for cameras, storage of emails used to transfer files etc.